A massage chair is one of those things that gets tagged in authentic and non-authentic products. Since the technology of automatic massage chairs was invented in Japan, people treat Japanese brands as authentic massage chair brands. Check out this article for a deeper explanation on this topic: Are All Massage Chairs Japanese?
No, not all massage chairs are actually Japanese. Some are Japanese, but does it mean that Japanese massage chairs are better than the others? Only quality matters. However, the market loves authenticity and the story behind it. Hence, the popularity behind authentic Japanese massage chairs!
This brings us to the topic of our discussion:
Is It Possible To Ship Massage Chairs Abroad?
It depends on the retailer you are dealing with. Some massage chair retailers have tie-ups with various international courier services. However, most of the massage chair retailers do not supply massage chairs abroad. If you selected a massage chair from another country, calling the retailer's customer service would be the first thing we'd suggest. If you make some shipping arrangements with the massage chair retailers, you can have the massage chair at your destination within a couple of weeks.
So, to answer the question in the shortest possible way - Yes, it is possible for SOME retailers to supply massage chairs abroad (Because of their international shipping contacts). At the same time, MOST of the retailers choose to do business in their countries.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Supplying Massage Chairs Abroad
Like most other things, even this, too, can be decided with advantages and disadvantages. Let's start with the pros:
Advantages of Importing Massage Chairs
- Authentic Japanese Product: If you are getting a massage chair shipped directly from Japan, you can know for a fact that you'll be getting an authentic Japanese product.
- A Wide Range of Selection: You'll have a lot of options to choose from. You'll not only be looking at the local products.
- A Foreign Product For Royalty: You can always flaunt your "Authentic-Japanese" massage chair in front of your friends and guests.
Disadvantages of Importing Massage Chairs
- Increases Taxes and Costs: Costs such as Transportation charges, Ware-housing and Inspection fees, Agent fees, and other import-related taxes will increase the overall cost of your massage chair.
- International Warranties May Become Void: If something goes wrong with your massage chair, are you sure that the warranty rules extend to foreign lands? How will you even send your massage chair for repair?
- Service Issues: After the warranty period, servicing a foreign-made model can become costly. Spare parts become extremely expensive and rare when they belong to some imported products.
Buying A Massage Chair: Imported or Locally-Assembled?
Most of the massage chairs you get here in the United States are not actually made here. Their parts get shipped here from abroad, and the chairs get assembled here. It helps the massage chair industry to keep its market's quality standards high.
Gone are the days when you couldn't find Japanese technology outside Japan. Massage chair manufacturing companies, globally, have evolved to quality-based designs. You'll get products of better quality, if not the same, when you shop locally.
In our honest opinion, you should invest in a massage chair that has been a proven success over the years. You shouldn't worry much about their country of origin. You should, instead, worry about the quality spectrum.
As an educated consumer, you should be able to see the difference between spending and over-spending. Importing a whole not massage chair increases the overall expenditure on the massage chair. You can get a similar high-quality massage chair with almost all the features you're looking for - at a discounted rate with us!
Almost all of our massage chairs are assembled here in the US. Their parts get manufactured in various countries such as China and Japan. The massage chair companies we work with are professionally and personally committed to the love of massage chairs.
Check out some of the top-quality products you can get from us:
- It is a locally assembled massage chair with high-quality foreign technology infused in its mechanism.
- Stretchable calf-rest makes this massage chair extremely comfortable for people with big thighs.
- It is one of the most-selling low-budget massage chairs we have in our inventory.
- One of the finest products, Infinity Riage X3, is a 3D massage chair with an L-Track.
- It has quad-style rollers and can cover a wider area for massage,
- Airbag compression therapy and zero gravity features make it one of the best mid-range massage chairs for sale.
- It is a 4D massage chair with heated rollers in the back.
- Its L-Track design enables the rollers to cover a wider massage area. Around 50% more than the S-Track massage chairs.
- Currently priced at $8,999.00, grab this fantastic massage chair before the rates go up!
- Manufactured in China, the Kahuna Kappa 4D massage chair is one of the hottest-selling massage chairs globally.
- Eleven of its automatic massage programs provide more variety than other massage chairs.
- It also has stretching and deep-tissue programs.
- Since we deal in bulk (when buying), the import and distribution costs become negligible.
- This massage chair's retail price is $10,499.99, BUT you can get it at an OFFER PRICE of $8,999.99.
- Made in Japan, Synca JP1100 is the first authentic Japanese massage chair that came with foot rollers.
- The designers and engineers of this massage chair belong to Osaka, Japan.
- Some massaging components are made by Hitachi, and the upholstering gets supplied by Nissan.
In the end, let's revisit what we learned in this article:
- Yes, massage chairs can be supplied abroad. However, it has many strings attached to it. Only a few retailers have a tie-up with international shipping companies.
- Most of the massage chair retailers ship domestically.
- Having an imported massage chair has its own advantages and disadvantages.
- Buying a massage chair: imported or locally-assembled?
- We also saw some of the best massage chairs you can get.
It is completely in your hands. You can choose to get your massage chair imported from some other country. However, getting a massage chair that's assembled in your country can be beneficial for you. Many high-quality massage chairs have already made their own space in this industry. You'll find many top-quality massage chairs that are priced less than the imported heavy-players.
If you want to know more about massage chairs, you can always call us at (833) 627-7245. You can also chat with one of our customer care representatives using the Live Chat feature.