What Are Massage Airbags And Their Functions?
Massage chairs are widely used worldwide by people who either have back pain issues or just love getting a frequent massage. A modern massage chair has all the qualities of being a permanent solution for muscle stiffness and tightness, joint pain, lower back pain, calf pain, shoulder pain, mental stress, and many similar conditions. Modern automatic massage chairs come with 3D or 4D technologies that enable them to provide super relieving massage from the neck to the upper hamstrings. But, if the massage rollers cover only these regions, what massages the other areas of your body? Airbags technology is the answer that you're looking for.
What Are Massage Airbags?
Airbags are used to provide compression and decompression massage therapy in a massage chair. The more fundamental part of a massage chair is the roller arm where the rollers are located. However, there is a wide area where these massage rollers cannot reach. This is where airbags come into the play.
An airbag is essentially a bladder that can inflate and deflate according to the requirement. A massage chair has multiple airbags located in different locations, such as the neck, shoulders, arms, calves, thighs, and ankles. In fact, some advanced massage chairs also have airbags in their lower back regions for rotating and twisting purposes.
Also Read: Why Do Massage Chairs Squeeze Your Legs?
What Are The Functions of Airbags in A Massage Chair?
Airbags are installed in a massage chair to provide air massage therapy to the users. They act as the secondary means of massage elements in a massage chair pad. Airbags are embedded at multiple locations of a massage chair that give compression-based massage therapy. The fundamental function of airbags is to provide massage to those areas where rollerballs can't reach.
Massage rollers provide kneading, rolling, tapping, knocking, and shiatsu massage functions to a user's back, neck, shoulders, hips, and upper hamstring regions. On the other hand, the airbags provide compression-based massage therapy to outer arms, neck-edges, arms, palms, calves, legs, and ankles. In an air compression-based therapy, air compressors are used to inflate and deflate the airbags systematically. In some super-advanced massage chairs, airbags can also mimic massage rollers' techniques of kneading and rolling by using the compression cycle effectively.
There are many massage chairs in the market that use airbags for stretching purposes. Kahuna Kappa 4D Massage Chair uses its airbags to help users perform Yoga, Twist, and Active stretching programs. This chair has 96 airbags, and some of them are located in the lower back region. These airbags help the user stretch and twist their backs by gripping the muscles and rotating the waist. Similarly, Infinity IT-8500 PLUS Massage Chair uses airbags for spinal correction and waist twist purposes. Airbags are also used for back-decompression purposes, where they grip the user's hands and legs as the chair reclines accordingly.
What Are The Benefits of Air Massage Therapy?
Airbags are used for air compression massage therapy. This therapy has many proven health benefits:
- It improves blood circulation: By compressing and contracting different muscles, air massage therapy improves the blood circulation in the body. It effortlessly pumps the blood towards the heart and reduces blood pressure.
- It improves the flow of lymph: Lymph is the fluid that keeps your body's immunity strong. By indulging yourself in air massage therapy, you'll improve the lymph flow in your body.
- It keeps your muscles oxygenated: By improving blood circulation, this therapy helps the blood to get enriched with fresh oxygen. When this oxygen-enriched blood goes to your vital organs, your muscles become oxygenated and healthy.
- It detoxifies your body: Your body's detoxification process gets boosted with improved blood circulation and lymphatic fluid flow.
- It helps with swelling: By contracting and compressing your muscles, air massage therapy forces out the extra and useless accumulations from them. It reduces swelling from different parts of your body.
- Airbags complement the normal massage rollers: Airbags enable the massage rollers to cover an extended area of your body. They do it by pushing those muscles to the rollers' coverage area, which would otherwise have been unreachable to them.
- Airbags help in stretching and decompression programs: Many massage chairs use airbags to perform several stretching and decompression massage programs.
Best Air Therapy Massage Chairs
This 'Made in Japan' massage chair is a state-of-the-art gadget that never fails to disappoint our customers. It is one of the world's best and most advanced 4D massage chairs that gives you an amazing human-like massage. This massage chair for sale has 31 airbags dedicated for full body massage. The 'flow-adjustment' feature gives you complete control over the speed of air compression massage. Its triple-mode air therapy gives you a choice between the hand-rubbing mode, standard mode, and pulse mode. You can control the air compression strength in each region of the chair. The feet airbags help provide efficient shiatsu feet massage by gripping the ankles during the movement of feet rollers. This massage chair for sale is up for grabs at $8,999.99
Apart from the stylish look and upgraded 3D technology, this fantastic massage chair is also known for its 100 airbags. Yes, you read it right! Inada DreamWave has 100 airbags located in different areas. This chair utilizes its airbags to their full potential. Using the patented Shiatsu Pull-Kneading air system, it pulls up your neck, and the airbags put compression pressure on various Shitsu points. This chair is also the world's first 'full-arm' air massage unit that provides air massage therapy from your upper shoulders to the fingertips. The airbags are also used to push massage rollers deeper into your back muscles. In the seat region, the airbags are used to provide vibration and oscillation massage. You can get this massage chair for sale at $7,999.00
If you want to buy a massage chair that uses its airbags to its full potential, please contact us at (833) 627-7245. You can also chat with our representatives if you have any questions regarding a massage chair's features.