Ottoman is an essential piece of furniture that came into existence due to its popularity during the legendary Ottoman Empire. It was used as a central piece of residential seating arrangements with no back or armrest fitted into it. Ottomans are generally designed as a low wooden couch intended to be filled with cushions. Initially, it was made as an item of sectional furniture to wrap around the walls, but later, smaller versions evolved with various shapes and sizes.
Nowadays, Ottomans are usually sold with sofa, armchairs, or gliders as they are traditionally placed near one of the furniture mentioned above as a part of the living room decor. An Ottoman can be upholstered cushioned seats often used by people to extend and rest the legs while sitting on an armchair. It is also commonly used as a small table or footstool.
Ottomans in Massage Chairs
Ottoman is of great importance in modern massage chairs. A massage chair's Ottoman plays multipurpose roles in providing comfort and leg extension during the massage. The ottomans have become a primary part of a modern massage chair as it allows taller people to fit their legs, making the massage chair comfortable for them.
However, some massage chairs don't provide much comfort despite having an ottoman. This is due to its inability to extend the ottoman for taller people than 6'2". Hence it is recommended to go through all possible specifications and features of a massage chair to decide which one suits you best.
The functionalities of modern-day massage chairs are evolving rapidly along with technology. Check out this detailed article to get more insights into what factors you should consider when buying a massage chair for your home.
Massaging chairs come with different types of ottomans installations. There are mainly four different types of ottomans provided by the massage chair manufacturers, namely Convertible Ottoman, Extendable Ottoman, and Retractable Ottoman. Let's get to know the differences between these massage chairs with Ottomans/footrests (ottomans are usually referred to as footrests in massage chair terminology).
Massage Chair With a Retractable Ottoman
The retractable ottoman massage chairs come in handy when you don't have much space in your room. You can save around 15 to 20 inches of space when the Ottoman is retracted back into the massage chair. At first look, you won't even notice the Ottoman of such massage chairs. You'll only notice it when you initiate the foot and leg massager. The ottoman scans the user's leg to ensure optimal leg length for his/her height. You need to apply a small amount of pressure using your feet to hint to the leg scanner that it is your desired comfortable position.
Check out some of the popular massage chairs with a retractable ottoman/footrest feature here. Take a look at the retractable massaging chairs below specially discounted for you:
- Retail price: $9,999.00
- Offer price: $6,999.00 (30% Off)
- Retail Price: $7,999.00
- Offer Price: %5,999.00 (25% Off)
- Retail Price: $5,999.00
- Offer Price: %4,999.00 (17% Off)
Massage Chair With A Convertible Ottoman
The convertible Ottoman gives your massage chair the ability to perform different types of massages using the ottoman. The Ottoman also acts as a conventional footrest when you are not receiving any message from it.
This multipurpose feature allows the massage chair to perform like a traditional recliner as well. For example, the Ottoman installed in the Synca Kagra 4D Premium massage chair performs the Air compression massage and the Shiatsu massage. And, you can always use it as a footrest when not in use. Osaki OS_PRO SOHO 4D is another great option if you are planning for a convertible ottoman massage chair.
Massage Chair With Extendable Ottoman
The massage chairs with extendable Ottoman provide a unique and handy feature to extend the footrest:
It's done by merely rotating the ottoman upside down and then pulling it outwards from the bottom end to fit the user's legs' size. After the rotation, the Ottoman can be used to get leg and thigh massages.
This type of Ottoman is widely in trend nowadays because of its ability to cater to a large section. People of different heights can enjoy full body massage in such chairs. Users can also push and tilt it back to leg-parking space - just to sit back and relax.
Check out some of the best massage chairs with extendable ottomans:
- This massage chair has an extendable leg-rest that can extend up to 9 inches.
- This massage chair for sale has an automatic extendable footrest that can accommodate the users of the 5'0" - 6'6" height range.
Benefits of Massage Chair with Ottoman
There is no denying the fact that ottoman improves the look of a massage chair of all shapes and sizes. Following are some more benefits of having a massage chair with Ottoman.
- Short people whose legs are not long enough to reach the floor while sitting on a chair can take great advantage of the ottoman. In such cases (without an ottoman), their legs will hang, and their body weight will shift forward to compensate for the imbalance. This situation creates an unhealthy curve in your spine. Hence, the Ottoman helps such people balance their weight to maintain a correct posture for the massage.
- Taller people can also benefit from the massage chair with Ottoman. For them, sitting in a chair that doesn't fit their legs becomes very problematic. It forces the knees upwards since the seat's height is low for them. They'll be able to relax their feet with the help of Ottoman as it has a sensor that measures the leg's length and sends instructions to the adjustable footrest. Modern massage chairs also have automatic extendable features where the footrest adjusts its height depending on the user's height.
- An Ottoman is also useful for a person of average height. It acts as a massager as well as a conventional footrest. If you are sitting for a long time with any resting pad for your foot, you might incur numbness or muscle stretch due to prolonged inactivity. With your foot appropriately grounded on the ottoman, you can get a nice foot massage or convert it into a reclined chair and enjoy the massage.
Read everything you want to know about a massage chair in our blog. You'll get all of the answers to your massage chair questions in our blog posts. If you want to find out the best massage chair, call us at (833) 627-7245 or chat with us! We'll gladly help you.